One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Today I decided to upgrade to the newest Unity 5 beta and a few things happened. 

The standard (physically-based) shaders were changed so I had to re-engineer my custom decal version. Unfortunately, the sky-sphere also broke so now none of the stars shine through the clouds and I'm still working to fix that. Also, my old specularity maps for the ships no longer function so I need to re-create them for the new metallic workflow. 

While disappointing, these are only cosmetic things. My brother and I worked on getting the new movement model implemented for another 4 hours today but still no dice there. He is going to play with the algorithm later today to analyze the output curves and try to make sense of them. 

Sorry for the downer post but I didn't want to leave you without an update. I'm still here, making some progress.